Sunday, January 15, 2012

How I spent this weekend

Saturday
As always, I have class on Saturday morning
Photobucket
Outfit of the day, school day outfit

Photobucket
My breakfast; milk, strawberry, corn flakes and honey

That day I invited Patty to come over to my uni, to come have lunch with me at the cafetaria and also to come to the optional movie screening of my class.

Photobucket
This is the most famous building of my university, the Okuma auditorium.

Photobucket
The cafetaria

Photobucket
School cafetaria food always tastes so so. I loved the fish but not the chicken katsu

Photobucket
The back of Okuma san, the founder of my school.

For the class movie screening, the professor played us an anime called "Summer Wars" as the class itself is about Jpop globalization. I'm not a fan of watching anime and it has been a long time since I watched any anime but I liked the movie :)




After that, I decided to take Patty for a walk up to the hill. Where some scene he novel by Haruki Murakami, "Norwegian Wood" were set nearby. Haruki Murakami himself used to study at the same uni as me and used to live in a dorm nearby the campus just like Toru, the protagonist he wrote in Norwegian Wood.
Matsuyama Kenichi came to my campus too last time to film the movie (but unfortunately I didn't know about that -.-;)

Photobucket
The luxury four season hotel

Photobucket
The famous St. Marys Cathedral 

Photobucket
My fave park on the hill :)

Photobucket
A sleeping fat black cat

Photobucket
We went to a cafe afterwards. I didn't like the matcha latte I ordered :(

Photobucket
and my late night snack at home, the teddy bear biscuits from Muji




Sunday
Photobucket
Started my day with strawberry corn flakes yoghurt :)

Photobucket
Beef stew left over for lunch

Photobucket
and then started to make the ppt of subliminal advertising while watching TV and doing other stuff




I went to McD at night to meet up with my group mate to discuss about the presentation

Photobucket
My dinner (I was not hungry)

After finishing our works, we were trying to find subliminal messages by our own by analyzing the McDonald advertisement bellow. Btw subliminal refers to perception that occurs below human consciousness. This is a advertisers' tactic to put something small and hidden on whether advertisements or movies or TV shows by hoping that the audience will unconsciously influenced to buy some products. It can be a certain words that are believed to sell products or can also be certain images and sounds.

Photobucket
Tada! we found it, whether it's really a subliminal message or just a coincidence



A

20 comments:

  1. hello my dear,
    thanks alot for dropping a sweet comment on my blog. I love your blog and you have a great style indeed :D

    have a nice day!

    -Riski :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute pictures! following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you've had an awesome weekend!
    the cafeteria food looks amazing
    i've never thought about cafeteria food in asian countries, because they're usually not presented that much in the media (in comparison to american cafeterias) and it's really interesting to see that the food served in japan is actually japanese food :)
    you have an amazing blog!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! I especially liked the cat picture - and the caption you made for it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pictures :) All that cereal looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your photos! especially the food pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried that pie this weekend too! it was kind of small -_- but your cafeteria lunch looks good, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg I love that cardi!! Gona put it on my wish list - 'squiggly line knit pattern cardi' lol

    Man I loved Japanese cafeteria food when I went to school there haha. Btw I have a few questions haha

    a. are you on exchange?
    b. how come you don't have to wear a uniform???

    lol sorry about that I'm just curious :P

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that cardi last year from Gap :)
      ohhh u went to school here? when? did u used to live in Japan?
      I think I confused people by writing school instead of uni. I'm a university student here, a 4 year student :)

      Delete
  9. Enough with the food I'm on a diet :(
    EAK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your university looks really nice. :) The cafeteria looks pretty cool as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. woooow you are so cute dear :D

    love the food hehhe
    i'm now following you

    allysachais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the outfit, so cuuute <333
    would you maybe like to follow each other?
    xx
    melina from melina-lajolie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your breakfast looks yummy! :-)
    And your matcha latte looks a lot milkier than any one I've ever had! Is that why it didn't taste so great?

    Oh, and your cafeteria also reminds me of Keio University's one!

    You have a very cute blog btw! :))

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like the tea powder stuck on my throat, or maybe because it was hot, the cold one might taste better I think.

      ohhh u have ever been to Keio uni's cafetaria? how it was? I've never been to any other besides my uni :D

      Delete
  14. you have so many good looking pictures of food.. it's killing me! :(
    also love your outfit :)
    following you back <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beef stew seems to be very delicious!!!
    I try same!

    akiko from Japan
    http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow!! You go to Waseda? My friend was actually supposed to go there this time last year.. but the earthquake and tsunami happened so it got cancelled. In fact, I was supposed to go too! I had my bags packed for a semester exchange at saitama university.. a week later they told me I couldn't go :( But.. In about 2 months I'll be going to Seikei uni now!! Really hope I can catch up with you then!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really?! even here, after the earthquake, many of exchange students were forced to go back to their own unis :( and so many students were taking leave of absent too which was kind of sad.

      I just googled seikei university and it's located at Kichijoji! which is the no.1 place people want to live :D btw what uni in aussie do u go?

      Delete
  17. your blog is so cute! love your outfit pots, and great photo! enjoyed looking at your posts, and i am your newest follower. cheers!
    jasmine
    adamlexmommy.com

    ReplyDelete

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...